Sunday, October 4, 2009

research topic proposal 10/6

For my research topic I decided to try to find out whether or not the government should take action in the use of cell phones while operating vehicles.
Cell phones are a very important thing to own in order to be able to be reached at all times. I also feel that cell phones are a huge distraction to people while driving even on a hands free because my opinion is that a person can be more concentrated on the conversation than on the road whether or not they are holding a phone.
I think that there should be some rules made where we live. I have been in places where only hands free devices were allowed. I use a cell phone while driving for regular conversational purposes and think that it is a bad habit that I need to break. But, if the law made it become illegal to use a phone, I would have an easier time stopping unless if it was an emergency and feel that most people would be the same way.
Banning the use of cell phones would be hard to do though and I wonder whether people think it would be better to keep things the way they are, make some rules about how to use the phone while driving, issue fines, make it illegal, block the network service completely, or anything else.
This survey can apply to anyone who has an understanding of this topic whether they are a driver, passenger, or pedestrian. I feel that the more people that take my survey, the better my understanding of what can be done to prevent the risk of accidents will be and what precautions we should be taking towards that.

No comments:

Post a Comment